3.1

2012 Volkswagen CC fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen CC:

2012 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Mar 092015

CC

The vehicle smells of gasoline all the time and most notably when it is turned off. The smell is strongest in the engine compartment. There are no leaks anywhere and as an afterthought I have changed to premium gas. The dealer changed the fuel pump as a remedy to this issue, but it never fixed the smell. The smell is at the engine compartment and this has occurred for the last year and half -ever since the car reached 40,000 miles and it now has 65,000. The car is getting terrible fuel consumption and I am worried the car is going to self combust at some point while sitting in the garage.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jun 062016

CC

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Cc. While driving approximately 45 mph, there was a significant reduction in engine power without warning. The failure recurred intermittently. Most recently, the electronic power control warning indicator illuminated as the vehicle was being driven. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump and battery needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Bridgewater, NJ, USA

Jan 302012

CC

We were driving in traffic approx. 45 mph on a highway car lost all power epc light

- Brookdale, CA, USA

Oct 042015

CC

Ignition coil failure. My car started stalling, idle and I wasnt able to drive faster than 20 miles

- Farmigville, NY, USA

Apr 162015

CC 4-cyl

My vehicle has been a problem since I started my lease til now. I have constant problems with my light bulbs even after they are replaced they go out quickly and often. The car has stalled on me twice and cut off twice. I have multiple trips to the service center for the sme things fuel injector pump and the check engine light. This is a fairly new car. I am now stuck with the car for another five years. I will never purchase another volkwagen or refer anyone to buy one either. I would like my history to be pulled and reviewed as a audit. I truly believe I bought and lemon and it has cost me lots of money. I truly would like these problems investigated for the sake of every volkwagen customer.

- Springfield, NJ, USA

Aug 212014

CC

Upon cranking up my car, the "epc and check engine" light both came on simultaneously. I then noticed that the car failed to accelerate even with the gas pedal completely depressed. Then the car stalled. It was slow to crank up again, but the engine finally turned over. When I took the car to the dealership, they told me that high pressure fuel pump was bad. The car is only 2 years old and has taken only 3 long distance road trips during my ownership(less than 6 hours driving on each trip). After researching online, I have found several other VW Cc owners that have experienced the same exact problem. The unpredicted stalling of the car is very dangerous safety issue. What if I had been on the highway when this happened.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Nov 062012

CC 4-cyl

At 8:40 am cst on 11/6/2012. While commuting to work at 55 mph road in the middle of freeway. I lost functionality on the gas pedal. The vehicle would not accelerate when engaging the gas pedal. Gas pedal was rendering non-functional and in-effective. There was heavy soot/smoke from the exhaust primarily almost like fire and some smoke from under the hood, this is a new under warranty VW Cc 2012 4 door sedan. Driving on the left lane with a semi behind me when this occurred. It created a very unsafe near miss incident. I am fortunate that a collision did not happen when I lost power to the wheels. I pulled off to an exit and when I floored the gas pedal, there was intermittent power stalling the vehicle to less than 5 mph. However, there was heavy soot/smoke from the exhaust primarily almost like fire and some smoke from under the hood, with parking lights on I drove 2 minutes and pulled to a parking lot. My vehicle was towed to a nearest VW dealership upon talking with VW road side assistance. They appear to be inconsiderate to the magnitude of the situation I dealt with and the impact and severity of the technical failure. I don't know if this systemic in VW Cc. This technical failure can easily cause accidents. My near miss is a testament to it.

- Eden Prairie , MN, USA