8.2

2007 Volkswagen Eos body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Eos:

2007 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Sep 062011

Eos

I bought a used Volkswagen Eos on 08/31/2011. Its a convertible, few days after that it rained and the car was leaking from the joint where the hood attaches to the windscreen. The whole car was flooded with water, I had to drain the water out and take the car to the dealer where I bought the car from on 09/09/2011. They said to bring the car back again 09/13/2011. I called them before going to the dealership and said they will call me, I kept calling and finally on 09/19/2011 I dropped the car at the dealership. When I picked the car back, the manager said they have fixed the car, I had the sales person number I called him from the dealership and he said they were not able to fixed the problem and I have to take it to the manufacturer. I will not even a week that I had started facing problems with the car and at the time I bought the car they said they have the inspection done and everything is fine there is no problems with the car. I would like to know if there was any recalls done on this model and if its manufacturers liability to fix the problems.

- Mclean, VA, USA

May 052008

Eos 4-cyl

By just pushing with my thumb finger on the body of my car I was able to do small dings. The body metal has no resistance and no "memory". when I push a little on the metal, the metal stay and does not take back is initial position. The sheet metal body is way too thin. Are there any regulation about the metal thickness?

- Los Angeles, CA, USA