2011 Volkswagen Eos accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Eos:

2011 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Jun 162014

Eos 4-cyl

My wife was sitting in her vehicle at work when a dump truck was backing up towards her vehicle. She tried to alert the truck driver using the horn. The horn did not make a sound. The key was not in the ignition. After contacting VW dealer about the horn I was told that the key has to be in the ignition to power the horn. I find this to be a safety issue. I also asked if the air bag would function under the same condition and I was told probably not. I could think of a scenario where this could also be a safety issue. It seems to me that an engineering solution needs to be updated for a passive situation such as in my wives case.

- Schenectady, NY, USA