2012 Volkswagen Eos drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Eos:

2012 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Feb 262013

Eos 4-cyl

Here is my story... transmission will go into neutral state while driving. Finally failed on 2/2013. Mechatron unit replaced. Problem continued. They blamed third party rear view camera which I deactivated. Vehicle was taken back in on March 12, 2103 at which time they replaced the shifter mechanism. Told me every thing ok. I kept having intermittent issues. After car going into neutral state in middle of traffic I took care back in, August 27, 2013. They told me they found no faults and car was running according to factory specifications and they could not do anything. At which time I started carrying a video camera in the car. It failed a few times but I was not able to record be cause by the time I got camera ready car went back to normal operation. On 1/27/14 it failed long enough for me to record the event (I have a recording). I was in the middle of traffic and transmission went into a neutral state. I took it to deal who ran diagnostics and found no faults. After watching video service manager called VW who told them to run a software update. I asked to meet with factory representative and they could not give me a date as to when he is available. On 1/31/14 I opened case # 14008852 with VW advocacy group 800-822-8987. They have been pretty useless. As I explained that I feel unsafe driving vehicle they said it was repaired, but cannot guarantee safety. They also said they did not know when the factory rep, bill manson will be available to meet with me. I asked for a loaner until such time and they could not provide a loaner. They told me I have to pick up vehicle and return the loaner that I currently have. I plan to do this tomorrow but honestly I will probably get rid of the vehicle asap. Any advise or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jul 272012

Eos 4-cyl

1st time pulling up to the airport parking gate transmission disengaged, unable to move the car for about 5 to 10 minutes. 2nd time on the onramp of the highway entering traffic, transmission disengaged again. Returned the car to the dealer for repair.

- Dallas, TX, USA