2012 Volkswagen Eos fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Eos:

2012 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Mar 182016

Eos 4-cyl

On March 18, 2016 I was driving my car and it began to shake and shutter as if I had a flat tire. It would also not accelerate. Fortunately I was able to pull onto the side of the highway and check for a flat. I did not have a flat. I had my car towed to the dealer and they determined that one of the four fuel injectors was faulty. They informed me that Volkswagen was having issues with fuel injectors and that it was going to be covered under warranty even though my car was out of warranty. I asked them to replace all four of the fuel injectors since they were having issues with them, but they would not do so. The dealer only replaced one of the fuel injectors. I contacted Volkswagen customer care on March 21, 2016 and I was told that VW had issued a warranty extension on fuel injectors and they were now covered for 10 years/120,000 miles. I asked if they would be able to replace the three original fuel injectors, since I am now concerned about the safety of my car. They told me that they would not do that since they were operating properly. I pointed out that it would be safer to be proactive and replace the three original fuel injectors since they were installed at the same time as the one that was replaced and could very well fail in the future. VW told me that they would not do so. I am therefore contacting you to see if you could intervene on my behalf and have VW replace the three original fuel injectors. Thank you cc: VW customer care 3800 West hamlin rd auburn hills, mi 48326

- Tega Cay, SC, USA

Dec 162015

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. While driving at approximately 35 mph, the vehicle jerked and the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle did not accelerate. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the cylinder one fuel injector was stuck open and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 67,000.

- Kingston, MA, USA