2002 Volkswagen Eurovan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Eurovan:

2002 Volkswagen Eurovan Owner Comments

Sep 162015

Was driving on the freeway, when the brake light appeared on the dash board, was on my way to my doctors, as I came back, it was at reduce speed 3rd lane at 50mph, for safety purpose since I could not trust the brakes of the vehicle, I took the van to the dealer and again I need to replace front brakes, (this happens every 10.000 miles).when I questioned the dealer, I was told to contact VW. Of America, which I did immediately, as I spoke with the customer service rep. I was told that VW. Uses the same brake pads for all vehicles from the beetle to the SUV's and campers. That dint make any since and as I further the discussion, was directed to the enginers for more clarification since they would be more indicated. As I spoke with an enginer, they yes told me that VW. Uses the same brake for a vehicle of 2000pds. As well 6000pds. As I tried to explain that using the same brakes on heavier vehicles VW. Was putting the life of the drivers and passengers in danger, since the vehicle of 6000pds. Will brake differently that one that weights 2000pds. Rudely and sarcasticly reply that I am not qualify to argue the case with them and hang up. This lets to believe that VW. Care less about customers and only care about the money that they make every time we have to replace, pads, rotors and calipers. This situation as to end and VW. Has to correct this matter as continuously they are putting people in dire danger, if they are not aware of this situation, people that I have spoke have the same vehicle and have found themselves in the same predicament. Pleas help thanks you andre von lavrinoff

- Carson, CA, USA