2002 Volkswagen Eurovan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Eurovan:

2002 Volkswagen Eurovan Owner Comments

Jul 282009

I traveling approximately 25 mph, the steering wheel and engine compartment of my 2002 VW Eurovan began to shake violently. An inspection revealed that a piece of one of the of the two radiator fans was missing. The missing piece did not go through the radiator.

- Sherffield, PA, USA

Jan 032008

Eurovan 6-cyl

I was driving my 2002 VW Eurovan over a causeway going approximately 55 mph. A warning light flashed several times then went off. I believe it was a coolant light. Then a strange thump, thump, thump noise came from under the hood followed by smoke. Smelled like burning rubber and sounded like a belt breaking. I pulled off as soon as possible (another minute or 2) and car died as I coasted off the ramp. I opened the hood, but couldn't see past the black plastic engine cover and didn't know how to remove it. After several phone calls, about 10 - 15 minutes later, smoke started billowing from under hood. My children and I dashed away from vehicle and stood by and watched it burn. Car was in good repair. I have no idea what happened. But it is toasted like a marshmallow.

- Galveston, TX, USA