2003 Volkswagen Eurovan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Eurovan:

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan Owner Comments

Dec 192015

The cover of the components underneath the steering wheel fell off while driving on a highway. It landed right on top of the brake pedal and gas pedal. At first I didn't realize what happened, I just became aware that something was blocking my foot from reaching the brake pedal. Fortunately this did not result in an accident, thanks to a front seat passenger who was able to look down at my feet to see what the problem was and pull the cover away. But if it had happened at a time when I needed immediate brake access, I wouldn't have been able to stop. Please see photo of the cover. This photo was taken after I was able to stop. The cover is sitting on a seat; it is not in its normal installed opsition.

- Corte Madera, CA, USA