4.0

1. replace ignition coil (1 reports)
1999 Volkswagen GTI engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Volkswagen GTI:

1999 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

May 122007

GTI VR6 2.8L V6

I have had two GTI VR6's (a '95 and a '99) and it happened right at the same mileage (around 60k). In this report my '99 GTI VR6 � I had just come out from the store and the engine just didn�t sound right. It was not firing on all cylinders. In my previous car ( �95 GTI VR6) the same thing happened so I knew what it was. The ignition coil had split. Just to make sure I threw a small cup of water on it and could see the electric arc across the crack.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA