2.4

2001 Volkswagen GTI transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen GTI:

2001 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Mar 102010

GTI

The coil pack fails, I have replaced it twice and no matter what the check engine light comes back on in no time at all and it's coil pack failure, which also triggers other sensors like the coolant sensor which I have replaced as well. I think the longest time my check engine light was off was 3 weeks! this car costs a fortune to fix and it's never fixed.

- Newport, NH, USA

Nov 212003

GTI 4-cyl

When I passed 24000 miles, after having driven my car extremely carefully (2001 Volkswagen Gti gls 1.8T), the clutch began to slip to the point where the car was undriveable, and I had to buy a replacement clutch as well as the installation which cost around $700. I have spoken with several other VW owners (same model) and have found that this is a common problem and think that Volkswagen of America should be held liable for this defective component.

- Miami, FL, USA