2007 Volkswagen GTI electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen GTI:

2007 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Feb 192007

GTI 4-cyl

I have been enjoying my 2007 Gti but there is one feature that I think is dangerous and inconvenient and request you change on future models. If the vehicle stals, I find that I must turn the key completely off before I can restart it. When I stall it on rare occasions, it puts me in a dangerous situation where time is of the essence. Your feature 1. requires extra time. 2. it is illogical. The first time it happened it took me at least 20 seconds to restart the vehicle since I had to figure our this feature. During this time I was sitting in the middle of traffic! 3. I loose other vehicle functions such as power steering when I have to turn the key off. (the vehicle could still be moving). As a result it increases the drivers danger in these situations. Please change the electronics so that the car can be restarted by simply turning the ignition to the on position.

- Portland, OR, USA