2007 Volkswagen GTI transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen GTI:

2007 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Nov 012006

GTI 4-cyl

My 2007 VW Gti dsg has transmission safety problems that have caused me to nearly get hit numerous times. The problems began when the car was less than 4 months old. Without warning the car slips out of gear, lags, then grabs gear again and has to re-accelerate causing loss of control of vehicle speed. This has happened in traffic at speeds of 65 as well as in city 30-45 mph. This has happened when pulling out onto a busy turnpike and suddenly having the car have no acceleration power almost causing me to get hit by oncoming traffic. When going at highway speeds it has happened with no warning and suddenly the car decelerates and there is a several second lag before it grabs and decides to go again. This can happen several times consecutively which is a very serious safety issue. I have had the car into the dealer at least 8-10 times and everytime they tell me it is fixed and then I pull out and it slips out of gear again. They have replaced the mecatronic unit, reflashed the ECM, added in a missing launch control program and replaced intake flap motor. These problem have taken all my faith out of the vehicle. Everytime I drive I am afraid. You don't know when it will slip out of gear and lose power. I hear a loud thunk from the engine and it feels like the car has been hit from under the hood. I have to continue this on another complaint form B/C of length, pls. See page 2 of chris dunn 2007 VW Gti

- Richmond, VA, USA