2008 Volkswagen GTI windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volkswagen GTI:

2008 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Jul 012008

When the front windshield wipers are on in the slow constant (aka 'low' or in the VW owners manual "position 2") and I come to a complete stop, the wipers stop and go to a long delay interval. Once I start moving again, they go back to 'normal'. I find this to be a safety hazard when it is raining hard as it becomes difficult to see out of the windshield when at stoplight, intersection etc. If I turn the wipers on to "high" lever position 3 they will wipe constantly, albeit slowly. This occurs all the time. I have contacted my dealer who says they do not know how to correct this and I have contacted VW who says it is normal and cannot be changed. I find it difficult to understand how semi-functional wipers for a windshield even while the vehicle isn't moving could be considered normal. How else am I to make sure there isn't anything, or anyone in front of me before I move forward.

- Houston, TX, USA