3.2

2010 Volkswagen GTI accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen GTI:

2010 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Aug 072013

GTI 4-cyl

I was driving on the interstate at about 60 mph and I heard a loud bang, like a gun shot. I looked around, and looked up, and noticed my sunroof had exploded into a million little pieces, and was slowly breaking back into oncoming traffic, and was falling on me. I went to exit the interstate, and a large chunk (about 9"X9") fell on me and scraped my arm. I have glass in the car, hair and ground into my skin a bit - some of it is very fine and sharp, like sparkly powder. The dealership says it was probably a rock that hit it, but I don't think a rock could have a velocity in the vertical direction at that speed to hit and smash the glass. I'm requesting it be fixed under bumper-to-bumper warranty.

- Seattle, WA, USA