2012 Volkswagen GTI seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen GTI:

2012 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Sep 242015

Today, while buying a new car I was informed of an open pending recall on the steering wheel clock spring. I have had no notification on this and, as a result I lost about $2000 on my trade-in. Aren't companies required to resolve issues quickly? I understand that the part affects release of the air bag and therefore could be serious. I believe VW should compensate me for at least part of the lost value.

- Cedar City, UT, USA