2001 Volkswagen Golf lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Golf:

2001 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Jun 022015

Hello, I noticed a recall done on these VW vehicles. ( the recall is due to the brake lights and blinker lights not working together. If I am signaling left and I put my brakes on, the signal switches sides and the lights start blinking. This happens with both directions. This is a huge saftey issue and its not due to any aftermarket tinkering. I called volkswagon to help me with this problem and they declined any assistance to me. It makes sense for them to fix this if it was a recall at one point. Thank you

- Whitehorse, AK, USA

Jul 272009

While I have no incident to report, I would like to prevent future incidents. My car, like lots of older vehicles, suffers from uv clouding of the headlight lenses, which diminishes their effectiveness in illuminating the roadway at night. Surely this is a safety concern. Equally surely, the manufacturers are aware of it. So why is this deficiency of design or manufacture not the subject of recalls?

- Aurora, IL, USA