3.4

2004 Volkswagen Golf accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Golf:

2004 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Dec 152007

Golf 4-cyl

While I was driving on I-35 in Kansas at about 60 mph on December 13, 3007 at approximately 10:30 pm, the latch to my vehicle released without warning and caused the hood of my vehicle to fly up impairing my view. I was able to pull over to the shoulder of the highway and called the Kansas highway patrol. The highway patrol officer pushed down on the hood but was unable get the hood to latch. Due to the failure of the hood latch my hood has been damaged. I checked your website for complaints for the same year, make, and model and discovered this defect had happened previously to the same vehicle.

- Mission, KS, USA

May 082006

Golf 4-cyl Diesel

The hood latch failed resulting in the hood flipping up and shattering the windshield and damaging the front fenders and hood.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA