2004 Volkswagen Golf engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Golf:

2004 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Feb 102005

Golf 4-cyl Diesel

Turbo failed on my 2004 Golf tdi (100hp) two months after I bought the car. The dealer told me this was unusual, but had to send to germany for a replacement turbo unit. The car does not seem to have the same pep since the new turbo unit was installed. I have heard of one other case where the turbo failed as well. I suspect my turbo unit has been replaced by the dealer with the one for the 90hp Golf tdi. How can I find out if I have the correct part installed?

- Ottawa, 00, USA