2004 Volkswagen Golf exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Golf:

2004 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

May 202006

Golf 2.0 TDI

Took car to a main VW dealership. On first day was told parts needed to be ordered so they had the car all day and did nothing but I was assured the car was safe to drive and the parts had been ordered. Booked in for second occasion (still no courtesy car available) gave my key in sealed envelope with details to service department, they had the car for a full day yet when I returned the key was still in the same sealed envelope, they had not even looked at the car. I then found out that parts had not even been ordered from the previous visit so they lied to me and further I was told I should not be driving the car as it was in a potentially dangerous state as the engine could cut out. I was assured that the Managing Director would contact me that evening yet 24 hours later he still hasn't bothered to get in touch. Furthermore when I contacted VW the Managing Director was not working and no one had even bothered to tell the service department to get in touch as a matter of urgency as I am without a safe car. They call it a service department, I'd call it pants!!!

- , Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK