2004 Volkswagen Golf miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Golf:

2004 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Mar 012010

My 2004 VW Golf was running rough. The RPM's were very high but the car was going very slow. I had new spark plugs and ignition wires put in. After a heavy rain a few weeks later I had the same problem. This time I had a new ignition coil put in. In total I spent $699.24 having the car repaired. VW is currently running an ignition coil inspection and replacement program but my vehicle is not covered. I called to complain but VW told me there was nothing I could do but complain to the NHTSA.

- South Easton, MA, USA