2010 Volkswagen Golf seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Golf:

2010 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Dec 232016

Golf

Tamara recall. The manufacturer has failed to replace the airbag even though it presents a potential serious safety hazard. I would like an update from the manufacturer regarding the repair and date I can take my vehicle to the dealer. It is has been too long with no fix identified. This is unacceptable.

- West Richland, WA, USA

Feb 012016

Golf

Takata recall... I'm in zone a, Texas, and my car has still not been fixed! when and how will I be called up to get these fixed? I'm keeping the car until mid-2018.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Nov 022016

Golf

"takata recall". several months ago, I received a recall notification for a takata airbag in my vehicle. Since then, I have been unable to determine a schedule for airbag replacement. The NHTSA website references a "schedule" & "priority" for replacement of takata airbags, but my vehicle is not listed. The only schedule information I have found on the NHTSA website indicates that older vehicles in hot & humid conditions are at higher risk. Priority 1 vehicles on the NHTSA list indicate that failure is more likely in priority 1 locations after 6-9 years. My vehicle is more than 6 years old & has spent most of it's life where it was purchased, in Virginia beach, Virginia within a few miles of corrosive salt water in the atlantic ocean. Several friends, clients & family have refused to ride in my vehicle due to its' airbag recall & proximity to high heat & humidity. I am also concerned about my personal safety. When is my vehicle eligible for airbag repair?

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 122016

Golf

VW should put customers in loaners until the airbags are safely replaced. It's not right to send someone a notice, stating their airbag may malfunction and kill you without offering a safe means of transportation. We also have a Honda CRV and they have provided a loaner until the airbag is replaced.

- Manchester, ME, USA

Dec 152011

Golf

Air bag failed to deploy when car rear ended a towed vehicle. The towed vehicle speed was approximately 40-45 mph and the VW Golf speed was 70-75 mph. The Golf's front-end was destroyed (along with it's electrical system), and was immobilized. But, none of the airbags deployed. The tow truck driver and the body shop owner questioned why the air bags failed with the amount of damage incurred. When contacted, the VW representative was more interested in my hospital expenses than the fact the air bags didn't deploy. The highway patrolman who worked the accident, said he was already involved in a lawsuit where the air bags did not deploy and a fatality occurred. He said the car in that accident was not a VW. Also, after I had left for the hospital, a fireman told my wife he had noticed smoke coming from the engine compartment due to something electrical smoldering. He didn't elaborate.

- Fort Payne, AL, USA