3.0

2012 Volkswagen Golf lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Golf:

2012 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Nov 142015

Golf

My issue seams similar to a filing last year "10654071". I started the car to leave from work, and I receive nine separate exterior light faults. It affected both the front right, left rear, right rear, side marker lights, and plate light. All stopped working at the same time. There was no warning. And no fuses were blown. I was driving at night when this happened, I was lucky that one headlight continued to work. This made for a very difficul.

- West View, PA, USA

Nov 072014

Golf 4-cyl

When starting my Golf tdi I received several warning messages on the car's information screen to check turning lights, brake lights, headlights and running lights on the right hand side of the car. The right hand headlights, turn signals and brakelights were out. The cause of the fault was a melted fusebox. The internal wiring of the fusebox overheated and melted the plastic of the box and the plastic of the fuse without breaking the circuit. According to my repair shop, this is a design flaw afflicting as many as one million vws of various years. I saw that VW has initiated recalls for this problem with other models, but not the Golf or Golf tdis. This fault can cause the vehicle to lose partial or total headlights and turn signals, creating a significant safety hazard for drivers and other vehicles.

- Washington, DC, USA