2.9

2013 Volkswagen Golf engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Golf:

2013 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Aug 212016

Golf

Driving at highway speed (60mph) engine shut down abrubtly and glow plug warning light came on. This resulted in having to coast across three lanes of traffic with difficulty in steering and braking to narrow shoulder area. Engine would crank over but not restart. Vehicle towed to dealer. Diagnosis is high pressure fuel pump failure, a known issue with these vehicles.

- West Islip, NY, USA

Jun 232014

Golf 4-cyl Diesel

I was entering the freeway and accelerating when I realized that my car wouldn't go faster than 40mph. I pulled the car over at the next exit and the car would no longer accelerate. It would not let me go past the slowest speed that I had reached while exiting. I turned the car off and it would no longer start. I had the car towed to the nearest VW dealership where it took nearly a week to get the car fixed. There were metal shavings in the fuel lines; the fuel pump and all lines needed to be replaced. I had my car for less than a year at the time of the incident and the vehicle had less than 15000 miles on it. I was told by the dealership service department that "sometimes these things happen" and that I was fortunate it was covered under the warranty (+$5K worth of damage). They said there was nothing I could have done to prevent it, or prevent it from happening in the future. My car is a Volkswagen gold tdi (diesel).

- La Puente, CA, USA