1. alarm control unit bad - replaced (1 reports)
1996 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Volkswagen Jetta:

1996 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Apr 142009

Jetta GL 2.0L

Car alarm is going off at random times and power door locks lock on their own - sometimes with keys in the ignition and car running! I learned to keep my windows open, or have an extra key handy just in case. Took it to the garage and the VW mechanic said it was a bad alarm control module and it had to be replaced. He said he could just unplug the alarm control module, but that I would lose my power door locks. I got it fixed and haven't had any problems with it since.

- , Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jan 142005

Jetta GLS

I feel bad for my neighbors who have a small baby and when I stop at the store the manager knows laughs when I go inside as the alarm goes off on exiting the car and he says he knows who's coming.

- , Dedham, MA, USA