1996 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Volkswagen Jetta:

1996 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Nov 072010

Jetta GLS 2.0

I do have to say I did not know much about cars when i bought this one, i was just excited to buy my first car so i jumped to the first one that came my way. Having this car i have been through a lot and have learned a decent amount about cars. 2 days after i bought my car I kept hearing beep beep beep beep beep beep when i would drive. finally the same day I realized it was my oil light that beeps constantly if i drive for longer then 20-30 minutes. I have to blast my music everywhere i go to drown out the sound. My car has seen many mechanics and all say they don't know why it does this. I have oil, i get my oil changed, and didn't have any oil leaks until today(that's a different story) there sensors are horrible. my seat belt light goes off although i'm wearing it. ugh i wish i never bought this car!!

- , Flemington, NJ, USA