2000 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Jetta:

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Mar 012010

Jetta

speed senor has bee replaced three (3) car won't shift

My 2000 Volkswagon Jetta has given me nothing but trouble. I swear I have replaced almost every part in the car. (really). Since 2010, I have put in three "speed sensors" this problem is now unbearable. The check engine light is on even after replacing the speed sensor this time and the won't shift gears over 30 mph. I just dropped my car off at Cooley Motors in East Greenbush, NY this morning and, at this time I waiting for a call back from the dealer, which, by the way, is where I purchased the car in 2002.

I would never recommend anyone to purchase this type of vehicle. It has given me much heartache.

- , Troy, NY, USA