8.0

2000 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Jetta:

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 242014

Jetta GLS 2.8L Vr6

My Jetta has been an awesome highway cruiser. But it's done this twice now where I'm sitting at 65-70mph on a highway where it loses power, I'm on cruise control so my reaction both times was to pin the throttle. NOTHING. It kept decelerating. So the first time it happened, I downshifted into 4th and it came back to life. The 2nd time it happened I kept the throttle pinned and eventually(3-4 seconds, an eternity when on the highway surrounded by big vehicles) it kicked back in. I have replaced the coil pack for nearly $900 but that fixed other issues, not this. I think this can be very dangerous and am nervous if it happens again and I get into an accident as all I do is highway driving at high speeds on busy roads.

- , Kathyrn, AB, canada