8.0

1. replace spark plugs and coilpack (1 reports)
2000 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Jetta:

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

May 132014

Jetta GLS 2.8L Vr6

When the weather was damp or it had been sitting a while, the car misfired with the engine light flashing. I was driving down a 30km/h road at the start of my commute with no issues. I pulled onto a 65mph highway and the car violently shook due to the misfiring and was probably running on 3-4 cylinders. Eventually I got to 65mph and it went away with the engine light on. Then I climbed a hill and it did it again momentarily. Then it did it when I was late for work and it barely started up and the exact same thing happened, it misfired and I could barely accelerate.

But I took it into VW and they said there was a coil pack recall but they charged me over $900 to replace the coil pack and all spark plugs. The issue hasn't come back and it runs good now.

- , Kathyrn, AB, canada