9.0

2000 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Jetta:

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 092013

Jetta GL 2.0L

My engine is temperamental in the rain, wanted to mention that since someone else had that issue. Thought it was funny. Also had mass airflow sensor code when purchased. Check engine light is always on, so what.

One day my car just stopped working. We thought it was an ignition switch issue, replaced the whole steering column but dealer could not program new key (we purchased from junkyard) made sure it was compatible of course. Car has been sitting in driveway for months, I'm not ready to junk it, I love my Jetta!! Help me,

Don't know if it maybe has something to do with a security issue, vehicle immobilization code came up when we put new column in, so we figured we did something right. Don't know why it just stopped running though!,

- , Erie, PA, USA

Nov 012011

Jetta GLS 3.0L

If you want to buy a VW, DON'T. Worst cars ever made! I put $1,000 into mine every 6 months and I actually took care of it! I'm not a crazy/bad driver and my mechanic has taken great care of all our other cars' problems for years! THIS CAR IS CRAP! I Feel horrible trying to sell it also because of the headache they will have the rest of their time with it! Because they won't want to deal with it either!

From what I have heard from friends who also own VW's, they are all crap unless you yourself work on them (CONSTANTLY) they may look cool, but such a waste of money and effort!!!!!

- , Bethlehem, PA, USA