8.8

2001 Volkswagen Jetta AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 062001

Jetta 4-cyl

I have had nothing but problems after purchasing my brand new 2001 V.w Jetta. I had vehicle only 6 months and it left me stranded due to malfunction of emission control sensor. 5 months after that, ignition lock cylinder was inoperable, needing them to repair. 2 months later, owned for 1 yr 1 month, car was burning a lot of oil so consumption test was done and determined to be true, that the car was in fact consuming abnormal amount of oil. As "a courtesy to me, the customer" Volkswagen replaced piston rings, rod bearings and deglazed cylynder walls. They had my car 6 days to rebuild engine. 6 months later car was shaking really bad when driving on the freeway, took it in and service technition discovered that rear brakes were warped and rear brake pads had "premature wear." Those were replaced. Throughout this course of time the passenger brake light had been replace 2 times, air condition vent was not working and had to be remove and install new center air outlet, armrest broke and had to be replaced, glove compartment latch broke, and the brake lights have gone out and been repaired numerous times but are still faulty, not working at this time. Volkswagen has treated me as though I was the one inconviencing them!! I regret purchasing this vehicle and will continue discouraging anyone from ever buying a Volkswagen! I don't feel safe in this car!! after doing some research I see now that I am not alone. Knowing there are many other VW's on the road with the same mechanical problems my car, I'm concerned with the safety of others as well as myself!

- Fremont, CA, USA

Jan 252001

Jetta

Nothing but problems!!! the day I was to pick my car up, driver window needed replacement. Since then it has fallen into door 3 times. Air conitioner leaked into interior, soaking carpets and smells bad. Brake lights stuck on when car is off, arm rest and glove box broke. Received zero help from dealership or volks.of America. What is next"?"

- Old Hickory, TN, USA