2001 Volkswagen Jetta AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 222004

Jetta 6-cyl

The air coming out of my 2001 Volkswagen Jetta's air conditioning unit started to smelling like melted crayons and engine fumes. A few weeks later, the air conditioner broke down, and I took it to get repaired at deel Volkswagen in miami. I told the service agent that the car also had a terrible smell of car fumes and to please check that. The next day, I received a service repair quote for $1,300 that included the replacement of the battery fuse box, main fan, A/C fan and fan module. The parts were replaced in the car on 10/22/2004. When I picked up the car, I noticed that the A/C had the same engine fumes smell, and told the service person, ricardo wilder, that the A/C still smelled the same. He told me that all Jetta's smelled the same, and that I should drive it for several weeks to let the newly replaced parts do their job. It is now April, 2005 and the car still strongly smells like engine fumes. At the end of my driving day, my clothes and the inside of thee car smell like engine fumes. I now drive with the windows and moon roof open and with the A/C off in order to fight the strong smell. I strongly believe that whatever this smell is, it is detrimental to my health.

- Miami, FL, USA