2001 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 152001

Jetta 4-cyl

Numerous problems with 2001 VW Jetta, purchased new in June, 2001.including : windows sporadically malfunctioning (when I called VW corporate as well as my local dealer, I was told that after the dealer evaluated problem I could be responsible for the labor charge depending on the outcome of their diagnosis!!); trunk latch has been replaced once (out of warranty) and now latch does not respond to remotes nor to the inside release on driver door; driver door lock does not respond to remotes nor to control on driver door (the other three door locks are presently functioning); interior coating on plastic door handles and center console began to peel within six months of delivery; center console latch broke long ago; check engine light comes on/off sporadically (brought car to certified mechanic but problem undiagnosed); a wax substance was constantly running into doorwells; VW dealer replaced coil, cables and buffer in response to rough engine idle complaint and I incurred all costs and inconvenience of car in shop, this at 72,000 miles, hazard lights malfunctioned; turn signals malfunctioned; now I hear of a brake light recall and an emergency light switch problem. I am just realizing recently that I am not alone with my Jetta problems, that numerous jjetta owners are having the same problems ( I researched on internet). VW customer service not helpful at all in resolving these problems.

- Henderson, NV, USA