2001 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 012008

Jetta 6-cyl

The electronic control unit of the ABS system on my 2001 Volkswagen Jetta is in need of replacement at a cost of $2,500!! I know for a fact that there has been a recall on this part for this year, make, model but am being told that mine is not one of them-that my VIN # does not fall into the recalled ones. I do not know how this can be since all other information matches up and am having an issue with the part, which I am being told can cause fire hazard!

- Franklin, TN, USA