9.5

2001 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 052004

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

My brakes would slow the car down on a stop and go traffic, where I will be driving slowly (without me stepping on the brakes), my car would eventually stop and will require heavy on the gas pedal to allow the car to move. (while the car car is in this stage:on a small slope the car placed on netural would not move) this would bring the RPM to a high rate to go at twenty km per hour (around 3,000 to 4,000 RPM). My rear disc brakes woul have heavy smoke once I have come to a full stop. This has happened a few months after I purchased my car. I thought it was due to the break in of the engine that was the cause. I have changed my rear brake disc pads a couple of times. There is heavy signs of the pads burning(smoking), people with simlar cars have had the same problem and they changed the brake booster and the problem was gone.

- Toronto. Ontario. Canada M3b , OH, USA