8.0

2001 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 012008

Jetta VR-6 3.2L

Engine has always had a miss. In the latter years the miss has gotten unbearable. Diagnostics show #6 cylinder, sometimes #3. The check engine light is always on, " Engine Workshop" .

- , Felton, USA

Mar 132003

Jetta

I've had many problems with my Jetta. I purchased the car new off the lot in Nov. 2000. I'm fine with regular maintenance-oil, gas, air...etc. I usually even spring for the routine maintenance checkups. But this car has been a huge headache. With my car I received 4 "free" oil changes... the part they didn't mention was that I was least on the todem pole for service. It would take between 6-8 weeks to get in just for an oil change. My glove box broke the first week I had the car- I've never bothered to get it fixed. My blinkers broke in the first year- a $285 part to replace. And finally, the coilpack. There's rumor of a recall on some of the parts- and possibly this one- but for now I'm out almost $600 bucks. The entire coil pack had to be replaced because it cracked- due to water they believe. The dealer service manager said he'd seen countless problems with this model- and that I was one of the lucky ones to get in so soon. All I know is that it sucks! To have to pay so much in maintenance on a car that is brand new is ridiculous.... I'm just waiting for the next thing to break. It's sad when you're on a first name basis with the service guys in the dealership- just because you're in there so frequently!

- , Minneapolis, MN, USA