2001 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 302014

I've owned this car for about a year, I love it. Every once in a while it stalls, just dies out. I've taken it in several times nobody has a any idea what's wrong. I was going down a hill in the snow when it died yesterday. Not Cool.

- , Reno, NV, USA

Jul 212011

I don't know what to do. My 2001 Jetta VW is stalling, having trouble starting and losing power while driving. They first said it was the Engine Speed Sensor and now they say it is the Engine Control Module.

- , Concord, CA, USA

Jul 082009

Jetta V6

VW won't accept responsibility for the engine malfunctioning and basically told me I would have to buy a new engine which could costs me anywhere from $2k to $4k.

- , Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Dec 082006

Jetta GLS V4

I bought it in 2004. ever since it has done nothing but stall on me. I have taken it into the shop at least 6 times and they always replace to mass air flow sensor... obviously, that is not the problem!!! It stalls as if it is running out of gas then my steering wheel locks up and it smells bad. If anyone knows what it could be, please let me know since VW trains their mechanics so well. Thanks

- , Denver, CO, USA