3.3

2001 Volkswagen Jetta wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Apr 022008

Jetta 4-cyl

I purchased my vehicle brand new in 2001, in around 2005 I noticed some marks on wheels, but disregarded them as just debris, by 2008 my warrant ran out and my tires started losing air daily, thinking it was the tires I had them all replaced. By the summer I had 4 brand new tires and wheels that would be filled in the morning with air and flat by the end of the day, the marks I noticed became giant flakes as the wheels clear coat was just coming off. By the end of 2008 all 4 of my tires were losing air on a regular basis. As a result I had a company for $700 repair the wheels (stripped, new paint and clear coat), this was split into front tires one month and back tires in early 2009. Here I am now in 2011 and the wheels are doing the same thing again. Air has not started leaking yet but the marks have appeared. Another year and I will be back in repair mode for factory wheels that have a defect but have not been recalled. Lost of air can occur instantly for these things.

- Easton, PA, USA

May 112008

Jetta

I have a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta wolfsburg edition, the bbs wheels that come with the wolfsburg trim are defective. The lip around the wheel is pitting and is corrosive. There is no approximate incident date just over the time of purchase the wheels get worse and worse.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Feb 132006

Jetta 4-cyl

We have a 2001 VW wolfsberg Jetta, with bbs alloy wheels. The car has 59,000 miles on it and has been garage kept. The alloy rims are so corroded that the tires will not hold air. The car is not reliable because you never know when a tire will go flat.

- Warren, CT, USA

Jun 242005

Jetta 4-cyl

Contact states the drivers' side curtain air bags deployed without a collision. The seat belt jammed and could not be latched after this incident occurred. There is a police report (#05-5207) states there was no evidence that the vehicle had an impact. The air bag light was not illuminated. The vehicle was towed to a service dealer and told to contact VW of America. She did fax the police report to the manufacturer and they agreed to repair the vehicle without cost. The service dealer could not find what caused the air bag to deploy. The consumer is still driving a rental car because the car has not been repaired. A wheel and tie rod was replaced.

- Weston, CT, USA