2002 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta:

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 292003

Jetta 4-cyl

The coils on my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta gls 1.8T are burning out. Volkswagen of America has informed me that rather than replace all 4 coils, I must wait until each coil burns out before they will replace it. I have a letter from them as well stating they are aware of the problem but can not do anything more about it due to a lack of coils in stock. I guess the letter is a way to shut the customers up. Apparently this is happening to over 500,000 people last I heard. I want this complaint logged and a personal note added and directed to Volkswagen of America (if possible), "I will not renew my lease on this lemon and I will never purchase another Volkswagen again." The coil issue is just one of the issues I'm having with this vehicle. The date below is the last time I went in for coil replacement and got to work late.

- North Bergen, NJ, USA