1. replaced oil pump and oxygen sensors (1 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Jetta:

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 022007

Jetta GL

I broke down on a narrow stretch of road where there was really no room to pull over. The oil pressure light came on, I lost power, and loud bells sounded. I was lucky to get off the road, but was still in a dangerous spot until a sheriff's deputy came and parked behind me with the lights flashing. After having the car towed to an independent mechanic, he diagnosed the problem as a failed oil pump. I fought with the dealership for weeks, as the car had JUST gone out of warranty a mere 3,000 miles before. The dealership claimed to be unable to do anything for me, as I couldn't produce spotless records of all the oil changes I had faithfully done since buying the car. I wrote a letter to the CEO itemizing this and 2 other expensive repairs (water pump at 60K--30 miles after the oil pump was fixed, ignition switch at 39K) I have had to make on the car in the last year-- all under 60,000! VW saw their way to pay me $425 for the 3 repairs which cost me over $1200 total-- on a new car!!!!!!! I will NEVER buy a VW again and will tell EVERYONE I know to have their head checked if they're thinking about it.

- , Bath, ME, USA