2004 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 152008

I have a 2004 VW Jetta 1.8 turbo. I just came off from having my car checked by royal Volkswagen in winter park, fl on Thursday afternoon. They did a malfunction check. Two days later my malfunction light went on blinking. I read the manual and it said that I should drive slowly to a dealer. Because this dealer has given me problems--meaning after time I leave the dealership a few days later something else happens..I avoided taking my car to them. I took it a local mechanical..long story short I had two ignition coils go out on me. In a two day period I lost a 1/2 tank of fuel. When I drove into the mechanic down the road he said my catalytic converter was a "grill" red and he told me that is caused by raw fuel entering the converter. Basically, I was told he was like lighting a match next to a gas tank. The converter was so hot because two of the four coils failed that it could been life threatening and started a fire. This is serious! I am working with VW of America and have complained about other situations about the dealership.

- Orlando, FL, USA