6.0

1. replace alternator (1 reports)
2004 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 012010

Jetta GLS 1.8L Turbo

After having the alternator replaced under the extended warranty by an independent shop, I found out that this was not the first time it was replaced. This car has been the worst car I have ever owned. It had several electrical issues (Fans, Ignition coils, Alternator, A/C cabin fan, electric fan controller, air pump for turbo, catalytic converter failure ). The first 2 weeks I owned it took it on a trip, it ran hot. We discovered that someone pulled the fuse on the electric fan. After some time passed, we realized that the fuse was pulled due to a fan controller issue, that It gave me more trouble than cars that I owned that were much older and had more mileage. As soon as it was stable, I took it back to CarMax and traded it in on another car.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA