8.0

1. replace speed sensor (1 reports)
2004 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 202013

Jetta 4-cyl 1.8L

While I was driving up a steep hill, I came to a stop sign and my engine completely shut off. It took me about 4 mins to get it started up and running. ( no check engine lights were on or any other warring light were showing) I continued up the hill making a turn onto the freeway. I took the next exit and ran into heavy traffic and my car abruptly stopped once again. This issue continued as I had stops due to heavy traffic, a total of 4 times. As I turned into the nearest gas station, my car shut off and it was difficult to steer the car to a safe space to avoid hitting another car. I had it towed from the gas station not wanting to take a chance of having this cycle repeat. I had it towed to a local mechanic who happen to be open after 6pm. He kept it for two day and could not find the problem. I picked my car up from the mechanic who couldn't detect the issue after having my car for 2 days, I was able to drive it home with out any issues. I made a phone call to the Volkswagen dealer ship to have it checked out because I knew something was wrong and I was afraid to drive it because I knew this will happen again at anytime. As I was on my way to the VW dealer ship I drove up the same hill and once again my car died for 5 mins. The car continue to die each time I had to stop at stop lights. I finally made it the VW dealer shop. They did their diagnostic evaluation and they said it was my "speed sensor". This cost me $544.97 including labor. The 1st mechanic I took it too didn't have a good sensor to get a code reading according to VW. The mechanic at VW said he is 99.9 % I will not have anymore issue with my car because he found the problem. This ordeal was a very scary, frustrating, stressful, and annoying 4 days. I was lucky enough not to caused an accident by being rear end by another car or even a big semi truck.

- , Brisbane, CA, USA