3.0

2004 Volkswagen Jetta wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

May 302011

Jetta 4-cyl

I bought a set of 215/50R-17 91V zexius xi-427 all season radial tires on 07/26/2010 from les schwab tires in California. On memorial day 5/30/2011 I had a blowout on I-215 in las vegas nv called emergency road service and they put on spare. I called les schwab to tell about incident the next day. I was told it was tire separation by an competitor tire shop. On 6/11/2011 two weeks and 282 miles later I woke up to find I had a flat tire on a different zexius tire, so I put air in the tire and drove the car to tire works a tire shop a mile down the road. Tire works checked the tire for any objects in the tire but found none. They found the sidewall had a crack where air was leaking through and determine it was tire separation. Upon further inspection they found cracks in the other two zexius tires which the tire specialist said was caused by dry rot! I replaced the zexius tire with another set of tire's due to the lack of confidence in the safety of these tires. I am in current dispute with les schwab tires for a refund for the total cost of tires. Partially the dispute is whom will pay for shipping the zexius tires back to California as I live in henderson, nv currently. I need help to settle this dispute and exposure to these faulty tires.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Oct 182008

Jetta

A rip appeared in the sidewall of my front tire over the course of several days. The tire appears to be separating. I noticed it after hearing a clicking sound while driving slowly in a parking lot. This was not proceeded by any impact to the tire. The rip is getting larger. Online research into this tire shows that numerous others have had similar tire failure incidents, often resulting in costly repairs and medical bills. I believe that this tire model is defective and should be recalled.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Aug 242007

Jetta

The complaint is regarding the tires of the Jetta VW that we purchased in 2004/2005 model. The tire that falls under the driver side at the top continues to loose weight considerably compared to the other tires. It is not that specific tire, because I have rotated all four tires and it happens to all tires. This has been happening for about six months now. I called the local VW dealership and they said its not their problem.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA