2004 Volkswagen Jetta windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Feb 102011

After service by VW for window glass clip recall the traction control light will not turn off. No traction control for the vechicle.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Dec 222008

I have a 2004 Jetta tdi, which I purchased used in 2006 with 80,000 miles on it. At 135,000 miles, I was driving in February, 2008 in slushy conditions. I tried to turn on my windshield wiper-washer to clean off my windshield, but the wipers would not function. I took the car to a VW dealer who repaired the wipers, saying there was an adjustment to the wipers that required removing "cowl" so as to access connections that needed to be tightened. At 154,000 miles, this happened again; in both cases it happened during cold weather, and specifically at a time when it was hazardous to drive without a functional windshield washer-wiper. In both cases, I was able to stop at service stations intermittently and clean my windshield off manually to a sufficient degree until I reached my destination.

- St. John, IN, USA