8.0

$1,150.00

2006 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta:

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 032012

Jetta TDI

The car stalled while driving and several indicator lights came on including the glow plug, oil and check engine lights. I was able to restart it after a minute but the check engine light was still on until the next day. Took it to the dealership with no indicator lights on and they kept it for 3 days and fixed the EGR cooler for the turbo for $850 and that solved exactly ZERO problems that I had. About 3 weeks after it was fixed the first time I started stalling on me again and the same indicator lights came on. Now for the "discounted" price of $300 they are fixing the engine speed sensor. I'll update if possible to say whether the new "fix" worked.

- , Durham, NC, USA

Sep 012009

Jetta TDI Diesal

The engine light comes on and stays and the dealer tells me that they do not no why the car stops while driving, they say you must keep the car running as it stalls which does not make sense for them to find the problem. I have brought the car in and in and they still can not find out why the car just stops. A safety problem that can not be found! I wounder what they do all day for their customers. They don't care about safety.

- , Colusa, CA, USA