2006 Volkswagen Jetta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta:

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Feb 012008

Jetta 5-cyl

I own a 2006 VW Jetta...2-3(under warranty) years or so after buying this car new I had to have the headliner & radio replaced due to rubber used in manufacturing of this vehicle melted causing fabric to come down & buttons on radio to melt. Today March 24, 2015 w/44,000 miles on my car I discovered that rubber used to glue vinyl material to inside door panels had also caused material to come down due to melting. As I write this to you my car is being repaired at the cost of approximately $550. I would love to continue purchasing VW's because I love them but this experience to say nothing of the cost & inconvenience has made me question whether or not to purchase another VW in the future. Please respond to this complaint and if I do not hear from VW I will post this complaint on my facebook page.

- Bay Harbor Islands, FL, USA

Oct 152010

Jetta 5-cyl

Volkswagen Jetta 2006 headliner fabric failure. Separation of headliner fabric from headliner, creating a visibility obstruction. Possibly a danger to the drivers visibility. Clear manufactures defect due to the amount of research done online. A substantial amount of owners have the same complaint. I have contacted Volkswagen directly. They have yet to initiate a mass recall on 2006 Volkswagen Jetta headliners, despite the numerous complaints brought to light by owners.

- Virginia Beach , VA, USA

Sep 292010

The instrument cluster, gear indicator, odometer, radio, outside temperature, compass, mpg, speed monitor and controls all the lighting features on car has failed. According to the service manager I deal with he told me that he has seen many of these clusters fail in 2005,06 Jetta's and passat's. the cost to replace is $650+ I feel this is a known manufacturing defect that VW does not want the public to know about. I can't read my odometer or even read what gear I am in. It is a safety concern. Can you help with this. I feel sorry for all the other VW owners that have a failed instrument cluster.

- Bingen, WA, USA