8.0

$1,678.00

2. replace dual mass fly wheel (1 reports)
2006 Volkswagen Jetta transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta:

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jul 202012

Jetta TDI

I have contacted VW Canada about this problem and they then paid me back just about 1/2 of my cost. I have also been in contact with 6 other 2006 jetta owners with the same problem and they are now getting some money back. I have heard that this problem was also in the Audi cars. many 2006 cars with the dual mass fly wheel. I have found out through a vw employee that the 2006 Jetta had many problems as this was the first year they were made in Mexico, not Germany - unconfirmed. I am at this time working on making a list of owners with the same problem with their details along with mileage and cost and if they were covered. I would also like to hear about any other problems regarding the 2006 jetta and then will proceed from there at to my next step. Contact me at murraymooney@shaw.ca

- , Prince George, British Columbia, canada

Jul 022012

Jetta TDI 1.9L

The primary driver (my wife) began complaining about hearing a noise when the car was in park.I checked it out and there is a rattling noise coming from the transmission. I took it to the dealer that has maintained the car for us since new, they claim that they have never heard a noise like this before and I need a new transmission for $5000!

I have read other complaints online that point to flywheel failure.

Is anyone having the same problem?

- , Mentor, OH, USA