2007 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Jetta:

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Apr 142009

My sun roof exploded in my 2007 Volkswagen Jetta. There were no outside influences(rock) that could have caused this to happen. The sun roof was not made of safety glass and shattered into small pieces all over me and the inside of my car. There were small slivers everywhere. It was a very loud bang, which caused me to swerve. I was luck to not get any in my eyes, or I didn't have my kids in the car. I stopped at the dealership and they said it must have been a rock or something, and the Volkswagen rep who was at the dealership didn't even come out to speak with me, or look at the car. I was told to settle it with my insurance. I called Volkswagen directly, and was told that they could not do anything other than to suggest I go to my insurance. I explained the extreme safety hazard, and they just said sorry"we can't do anything at this point" case number 100150276. I reporting this because I believe this is a serious safety hazard, and could cause serious injury, or death. I looked online, and other have report the same thing happening to them, sun roof closed, and all of the sudden a loud pop, then glass everywhere, with no vehicles around.

- Bow, WA, USA