2007 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Jetta:

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Feb 262010

Jetta

My car accelerated while I was making a "panic stop" my foot was on the brake and no brakes were being activated and the car actually sped up until I pushed in the clutch. By that time it was too late and I tapped the car in front of me. I believe this happened due to the cars esp feature which senses driver input and helps to make the "correct" actions to avoid aa loss of control. I jammed on my brakes after hard acceleration and while pushing the brake pedal I jerked the steering wheel. During operating speed these actions would cause understeer and I assume the car has been programmed to release pressure to the brakes and reapply throttle to reengage full steering response but I was leaving a stop sign when I noticed the car in front of me stopped. Im not thinking that this is a defect but rather wanted to bring it to your attention after I just read the symptoms of Toyota malady. The problem they are having could be due to a fault in a similar system. I'm a tech. In the motorcycle industry as well as a performance driving enthusiast. My credentials might not matter but I'm fully aware of the actions I take behind the wheel as well as having an understanding of these "fly by wire" systems.

- Naugatuck, CT, USA