2010 Volkswagen Jetta AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Jetta:

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Aug 072013

I bought my 2010 Jetta used in June 2013. A month after I purchased it, I noticed the A/C was not working. I returned it to the dealer and they confirmed that the A/C compressor wasn't working. They installed a new one and I didn't have a problem until 8/7/13. I went out to start my car and noticed I had a light on my dashboard. I got out of the car and noticed my right front passenger side headlight out. I walked around and noticed the drivers side rear tail light was also out. I got home and when I shut the car off and turned it back on, the light on the dash was out, and all my exterior lights were working. It was around this time I noticed a burning smell whenever I exited the car, but I couldn't' pinpoint where it was coming from. I didn't have another issue until 10/25/14 when I was visiting friends 30 miles away. I went to leave, and when I started my car I once again had the light on the dash, so I got out and noticed the same lights were once again out. I had to drive on the highway like this, but thankfully while I was driving they all came back on. The car was fine until 12/14/13 when I went out to start my car in the morning and once again the same lights were out. The last time I had an issue with this was 1/7/14, in the middle of a blizzard. I got out of work and started my car to clear snow off it, and everything was fine. It wasn't until I turned the headlights on that I noticed the light on the dash was on indicating I had a light out somewhere. I got out and noticed that in addition to the same headlight and tail light being out, the license plate lights were also out. By the time I could get in the car they were all working again. I took it to the dealership and they confirmed the 30 amp fuse had overheated and caused the fusebox to melt (hence the burning smell). $500 later my car is hopefully fixed. Thankfully the car didn't burn to the ground.

- Sagamore Beach, MA, USA